This is me delivering on my promise to share my delicious strawberry-banana fritters recipe with you. Trust me when I say it goes so well with the strawberry, spinach and quinoa salad recipe I shared last week. The sweetness of the banana and the almost tangy strawberry bits in the fritters is definitely a great combo!
Let’s get right to the recipe!
- 2 medium sized bananas (mashed)
- 6 strawberries (chopped into small chunks)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the liquid ingredients you just whisked and mix till you achieve a paste-like consistency.
- Gently mix chopped bananas and strawberries into the batter
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop a small amount of batter at a time into the oil and fry in batches till golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with melted chocolate or with my favorite strawberry, spinach and quinoa salad.
PS: Can’t wait to have your feedback when you tryout this delicious recipe. Have fun switching up ingredients to suit your tastebuds.
©Lucille A. Abruquah