Were in the post Christmas lull, where were all tired, weve all over eaten (well I have), and its a 5 week pay month! Sotime for some quick and easy, and cheap, meals that all the family like and have a higher nutritional value than yet another chocolate! If youre anything like our family, youre also getting over a seemingly endless round of nasty colds and a stomach bug (hence why I havent posted in a while).
This recipe is quick and low prep, so is great when you are on a tight time budget, or just absolutely knackered and dont want to put in much effort. As were just Christmas as well, it can help you use up some leftover salad bits from those buffets, and there are always plenty of reduced bakery goods in the supermarkets (as they tend to overstock).
Serves 3 (adapt as required)
- 1/2 mediumpepper sliced
- 1/4 cucumber sliced
- Lettuce as desired
- 2 southern fried chicken breasts cooked then sliced
- 1 breadcrumb chicken breast OR 4 small chicken nuggets cooked the sliced
- Couple handfuls of cashew nuts
- Grated cheese as desired
- Sauces as desired
- Preheat the oven (fan assisted) to 180C/355F/Gas Mark 4 or 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 (non fan assisted)
- Cook the chicken breasts and nuggets as per instructions on the box
- Add cashew nuts, on a baking tray, for last 10 minutes
- Once chicken is cooked, slice
- Assemble wraps as desired, and add your sauce of choice. Hold in place with a couple of cocktail sticks if required (though remove before handing to small children)
We use chicken nuggets, or plain breadcrumbed chicken here for our daughter, as she finds the southern fried ones too spicy lol. But obviously just apat to suit you. I dont have cheese in mine, and our daughter doesnt have cashews. She also prefers ketchup, I prefer salad cream for this, and husband prefers mayo. Its the beauty of this! So easily adapted to different tastes and dietary requirements.