Ive been really inspired bringing little gold touch to my festive recipes as were approaching the end of 2019 and my latest recipes are created with Christmas and New Years Eve in mind bringing little sparkle and magick into your Life.
These Gingerbread Cupcakes were such pleasure for me to create, I wanted to make these for over a month now but as always everything has its divine timing and now the time for these to come to Life arrived.
They are adapted from my Gingerbread Layer Cake that Ive created at Christmas time last year. Ive used walnuts and teff flour in these with lovely gingerbread spices, blackstrap molasses and orange zest. They have a lovely moist texture and wonderful flavour. You could just make these as muffins topped with some chopped walnuts before baking. I was thinking of adding few fresh cranberries in but didnt at the end, maybe you could try that if you fancy too.
You can swap the gluten-free flours to suit your needs. I do love teff walnuts combination and I recommend trying it if you havent before.
To pipe on top Ive used the White Chocolate Frosting that Ive created for my Yule Log, but instead of white chocolate, Ive used cacao butter.
For the decoration, Ive used a square of gold tissue on top of brown cupcake liners with hemp string to secure it and little sprigs of waxflowers to add a special touch.
The gold stars are my Walnut Fennel Cookies that I have rubbed with little antique gold edible lustre powder. It worked really well and they look stunning on top of the cupcakes. Except for the gold powder, everything is created with only wholesome ingredients and tastes just beautiful.
Hope you love them :)
Sending much Love & Magick
- Gingerbread cupcakes:
- 100g ground walnuts (1 cup)
- 70g teff flour (1/2 cup)
- 35g brown rice flour (1/4 cup)
- 30g tapioca flour (1/4 cup)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp cinnamon
- tsp ground cloves
- tsp nutmeg
- tsp allspice
- pinch sea salt
- zest of 1 orange
- 100g coconut sugar (3/4 cup)
- 2tbsp ground flaxseed + 6tbsp water
- 120ml apple sauce (1/2 cup)
- 2tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 80ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla
- plant milk if needed
- White Chocolate Frosting
- Walnut Fennel Star Cookies
- edible gold lustre powder
- gold tissue paper
- Mix 2tbsp ground flaxseed with 6tbsp water and set aside to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Line 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake liners. You will have 10 to 12 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl whisk together ground walnuts, teff flour, brown rice flour, tapioca, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, salt and sugar. Whisk in orange zest and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together gelled flax eggs, apple sauce, molasses, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix until well combined. You should have loose muffin consistency. Add a splash of plant milk if needed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven once ready and leave to cool down for 20 min before removing from the tin.
- Prepare the White Chocolate Frosting from this recipe a night before.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down wrap them with a square of gold tissue and tie a string around, tuck in little sprigs of waxflowers.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe on top of the cupcakes.
- Rub star cookies with little antique gold edible lustre powder and place them on top of the cupcakes.
- Once frosted store in fridge.