Your students will love recognizing, copying and continuing repeating-patterns with our engaging apple pattern cards!
Simply print, laminate and snip on the fast-cut lines to prep this activity in minutes! It is perfect for back-to-school with a fun apple theme.
Your little learners will love reviewing patterns in an interactive but structured format. After making these patterns you can encourage them to create their own patterns.
AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, AABBAA patterns are covered.
To assist students struggling to identify the pattern, ask them to verbalize the pattern - e.g. gree,. re. yellow, green, red, yellow... Ask them to identify the part that repeats.
To further assist, students make like to place apple cards directly under the source card to scaffold an identification of the pattern.
- ask your learners to copy and make the patterns with equipment too - try buttons, counters or sticks
Record the patterns
- ask students to draw a representation of the pattern they made on the recording worksheet
- tell them to ask a friend to 'read' the pattern back to check its accuracy
This printable math center for patterns, includes:
- a teaching tips page
- a detailed instruction sheet
- 16 pattern cards
- 36 apple cards (3 colors)
- a worksheet and
- cover page.